What is MoModth?
You could say that MoModth is a C2 mobile app template, but it’s much more than that.
It’s a module based, fully flexible template which drastically speeds up mobile app development process. The idea of MoModth is to get rid of manual implementations of common features which you usually have to implement into each game anyway. MoModth have them already implemented. All you need to do is to setup modules configuration and reskin some parts (if you want).
Is it a particular game template?
MoModth IS NOT a game! It does contain very simple game inside by default, but it’s just to show the example implementation. You can use MoModth for any mobile app.
Flexibility and Compatibility
MoModth is module based. It means that each functionality is a separate piece of code with its own config.
Every module can be enabled or disabled if you don’t need it for the current project. Disabled modules do not affect app performance at all while they stay idle because they actually don’t stay idle but are disabled.
MoModth does not use any third party plugins by default. However due to its modular character MoModth is very flexible and it is possible to use any plugin in MoModth module implementation. You can also import modules made by others or build your own MoModth modules and share them with people (or sell on Scirra store).
Some modules are stand-alone fully functional automatic features which work instantly once enabeled (like Exit App module). Other are universal APIs which help with particular functionalities (like IAP od ADs modules).
One of the advantages of using MoModth is that you can switch from one plugin of the same kind to another (from Official Admob to Appodeal for instance) without changing a single event line of your game. It’s just about replacing one MoModth module with another which is super easy.
How to use MoModth
MoModth is extremely easy to use. To start building your game you just need to do several steps:
- Download MoModth and open MoModth capx file
- Edit modules config files and enable modules which you want to use (just by changing variables value to 1)
- Remove build-in mini game (by simply removing one event sheets directory)
- (optional) Import any external MoModth modules if needed
- (optional) Remove modules you do not use in your project (simply by deleting module’s directory)
- Start implementing your own game – all common features are already there
At the moment MoModth has the following features built in by default:
- universal screen size support
- init game loader layout (logo + percentage + progress bar)
- ADs (Official AdMob, Cordova AdMob, Appodeal, Cocoon Ads) [module]
- IAP (Official IAP, Cordova IAP, Cocoon InApps) [module]
- SpriteFonts [module]
- LocalStorage managament [module]
- Exit App [module] (on double back button tap exit app functionality with animated notification “double tap to exit”)
On TODO list:
- Exit App second mode where confirmation popup appears with yes/no buttons.
- Rate my app request module
- Buy premium version request module
- Credits module
- Animated score counter module
- Cross sell module
MoModth is in Alpha state at the moment, but the goal is to have all the following features true on board:
- drastically improve mobile app building time
- compatibile with Intel XDK and CocoonIO Canvas+
- highly flexible
- super easy to use
- performance booster (whole framework is group-toggle based)
Stay tuned to be notified about release date!